Our award for best publisher user experience puts the spotlight on those publishers that strive to put their users at the heart of their service design with the simple aim of giving users easy access to their content.
The award builds on our ongoing commitment to drive forward innovation in the information industry and to make access to knowledge as easy as possible for end users.
The winner of the 2020 award was Emerald Publishing: Emerald Insight
The other 2 finalists were:
1) Evidence of user experience research including:
– UX research methodologies and techniques
– Analysis of attitudinal and behavioural data
– Analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
Applicants must demonstrate their understanding of the user journey and challenges users face when accessing content.
2) Demonstrate good user experience design, for example agile methodology, protoyping, user testing iterative development. Define and evidence key benefits of user experience changes and how these were quality checked.
3) Tangible evidence of learner and researcher engagement throughout the project including user testing at key points. Explain how user feedback was incorporated into product development. Evidence ongoing user testing and iteration.
4) Demonstrate improved user journey for a simple, seamless user journey, for example alignment with NISO-approved RA21 recommended practices.
5) Provide a statement of compliance with 2.1 AA accessibility guidelines.
6) Define user experience goals and objectives, and explain how you measured success. Demonstrate the value, impact and ROI of changes to the user experience.
7) Evidence how a user experience approach was adopted and embedded across the organisation through cross-team and/or external collaboration. Specify key stakeholder groups, the nature of these relationships and how they contributed to the success of the project.
8) Describe your future plans for user research and how a user experience approach has been embedded in your plans for continual product and service improvement
Download and fill out the Submission form: Best publisher user experience award and send back to us before 30 November 2020.
Please email the completed form to email@example.com.
Follow the campaign on Twitter #uxaward21
|5 Oct – 30 Nov 2020||Award applications via an online form|
|11 Dec 2020||Judging panel mark applications|
|w/c 14 Dec 2020||Meeting 2: Judging panel agree shortlisted applications|
|4 Jan 2021||Shortlisted applications announced|
|22 Jan 2021||Short-listed applicants submit learner and researcher attitudes and reactions to changes in the user journey and overall experience. Audio visual or written format both acceptable.|
|w/c 25 Jan 2021||Meeting 3: Judging panel agree finalists|
|2 Feb 2021||Finalists announced|
|2 Mar 2021||Finalists webinar|
|16 Mar 2021||Access Lab 2021: winner announced|
Our marketing manager, Jane Charlton will chair the panel of judges.
Please contact Jane Charlton, marketing manager at OpenAthens.